FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Airlines - 2 experiences
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:52 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Welcome to FT!

Originally Posted by Sanman68
When I question that there is available space in premium economy and why didn't they ticket me there at least, I am told they will gladly sell me an economy plus seat for $49 ! , Can't put me there for free I have to pay !

Is this normal practice or should they have put me in an economy plus seat ? Just not sure how this works now I no longer have status with them.
Technically you were not "entitled" to economy plus, but it would have been a nice gesture under the circumstances. It sounds like you did well ultimately to all get rerouted in F. Can be really difficult to find open F seats day of departure these days.

After a few mins a passenger leaves the plane presumably having accepted the offer. Shortly thereafter, he (the second flight attendant) boards the plane and takes the seat vacated by the recently departed passenger ! So much for a weight and balance issue I think to myself !

Again just a general question but is this standard practice at united or outside the norm.
Unless the UA employee was flying for work purposes, that was wrong.