FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2015, 5:32 am
rtraveler

Originally Posted by Happy
My Simon's always require form for above $2K. However there was a new twist yesterday. The CSR said she was told now for ANY Consumer card purchase she needs to call one of the either the manager or the director of marketing (the boss of the manager - both are ladies) for approval before she could process the sale. We are "known entity" to the office, so when she called for approval, she just said Mr. and Mrs. So and So are here for their purchases. The other end apparently just said OK as the call was really brief. I dont know what triggers such new procedure. May be some bragging of the purchasers have irked some of the folks at the Simon's. The staff told me a guy came frequently and each time he talked about how he earned miles for his first class flights.

Simon's certainly is fully aware why people buy this for and provides the mean to do so, for a nice profit. Still this guy's constant bragging strikes me as pretty stupid.
That's always been the protocol at the SM I go to. They always made me sign the form but I always get $4k or more. They also always make a quick phone call to the management office saying "Mr. xxx wants to purchase X amount of GC's".