FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Apr 14, 2015, 3:39 am
Jigen666

HI Paris Auteuil

Holiday Inn Paris - Auteuil

I wrote about this hotel last year, I've visited it several times since, including this week.

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum AMB

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
So far, except check in.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked room queen bed with sofa, got an upgrade to a slightly larger room, king bed with a sofa.

How are the rooms?
Very clean, this one is the most spacious rooms in the hotel (there's only 2 of them). The bathroom had a bathtub & separate standing shower, some of the smaller standard rooms have only a standing shower, or bathtub. My room had its large window facing the back. It had one tiny high window facing the street, but it was not noisy unless I opened the window.

How is the exec. lounge?
None

Did you receive a welcome gift?
This is why I wanted to update. During my last two trips here I arrived here on a Sunday. The Sunday night manager was relatively new. He'd just started about 2-3 months ago (which was timed with my previous visit). Unfortunately, the previous time I came, not only did he fail to upgrade me (saying he doesn't know how), he didn't offer points or a drink (and didn't understand what I was talking about). I had to wait until the next day to get everything. This week's visit he was still there on a Sunday, and fortunately the room was already upgraded. But the night manager still had no clue about offering a points or certificate upon check-in. I figured someone would have explained it to him, but sadly no. Again, I tried to explain it to him to no avail. It only got worse, because at 11:45PM, he calls my room (already in bed with Jet-Lag) and calls to tell me that he's got my points. I thought he found the certificates, instead he proceeds to tell me what my current IHG rewards club balance is.

Good:
Most of the staff are friendly.
Excellent access to the Metro. It's just outside your door. It will take you to the heart of Paris.

Very nice residential neighborhood with lots of shops, supermarkets, restaurants, brasseries and bars and most things you might need. Plus there's a farmer's market (and other things) right outside your door on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.

Rooms are relatively quiet. Completely quiet if you're facing the garden side.

Prices are cheaper than most other HI properties in the Paris City region.

Bad:
There is only 1 elevator, and the door sometimes gets stuck open on the lobby floor (at least the last time I was there) which means you either have to call down for them to close the elevator door on the lobby floor, so it can be sent up, or walk down the stairs (which is very difficult to do with luggage).

They won't watch your luggage if you arrive early, or ask them to hold it for a few hours after check-out. They don't have much room behind the front desk.

Sunday night manager needs to be trained properly, about points, upgrades and not to call guests late at night unless it's necessary.

Deathly slow free internet.

Cable TV has only 2 English channels, both news. And it's a pain to access them. Worse, the channels (and other channels) have been off the air for the past 2 days. When I called the front desk about this, they had no clue what I was talking about.

If you are looking to sight-see, this hotel is furthest from most of Paris' attractions (except for the Eiffel Tower and a few museums) while still being in Paris Proper. That didn't matter to me so much because I was there on business nearby. It will take 20-30 minutes to get to the center of Paris by Metro. It's not a bad ride, and the Metro is right next to the hotel.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Great value for money, compared to other HI Paris properties. I would certainly return when I'm on business. If I were using points and sightseeing, for the same amount of points, I'd try to get something more centrally located, like HI Notre Dame, or HI Opera.