FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Fairmont hotels are real luxury properties ?
Old Apr 13, 2015, 8:21 am
NUNO

Programs: AA PLT, *A Gold, Club Accor Gold
Dear JohnRain,

In addition to all the properties already mentioned, I will had in North America (Bermuda, Canada) the following where I have stayed and will qualify as real luxury properties to burn free nights and suite upgrades:

Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City, Canada, (still today the most photographed hotel in the world) my choice of room will go to top floors for the view, not necessarily a Gold floor room, but one of the top floor rooms with a Jacuzzi in the room. (not in the bathroom).

Hotel Vancouver, (the oldest Fairmont property in the city) where I had a lower floor room, but the largest regular room ever, since it is also used as a conference room, and it comes equipped with a very large Murphy bed.

Toronto Fairmont Royal York, Canada, similar to Hotel Vancouver and Chateau Frontenac, however here I will go for the Gold floor room.

San Francisco Fairmont Ghirardeli Square at Fisherman's Wharf, this is a residential property, so all rooms are already suites (no Gold floor). I stayed there during the 2013 America's Cup final and received some of the best amenities ever at a Fairmont (wine tasting and snacks every afternoon, free use of the BMW car with the driver)

In Bermuda, the Fairmont Southampton, is very well located on the Atlantic Ocean, facing the south coast.