FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RoomerTravel =bargain, or somewhat of a scam?
Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:48 pm
SinglePapa2

RoomerTravel =bargain, or somewhat of a scam?

A very weird first-hand occurrence: so on March 23 I pay roomer their $500 (all included) asking price for April 5-10 Westgate 2bdrm in Orlando. The immediate email says: thank you for your purchase, we're verifying the seller deal, or something like that. Overnite, a confirmation email: your prepaid booking is confirmed. Even before I originally paid $500, I called Roomer and insisted they verify with the resort that there would be no resort fees, or any fees. Roomer called Westgate and verified. I even send Roomer support a query to verify that verification; and they did! So my card got charged $500 by roomer on March 23.

I'm checking in April 5, and Westgate check-in desk can't find my name. Half hour later, they find "my suite" under Ms.X, and check me in.

At April 10 check-out, I'm told thank you - you're all checked out. I'm almost out on the road, but asking for printout just in case. Westgate printout shows Westgate charged my card (which they required for incidentals at checkin) $712 on April 6!!! I'm asking: "what's this activity?? My stay April 5-10 was prepaid!" Westgate runs upstairs and takes an hour just to come back and tell me: we never got the $500 payment you showed us (and we attached a copy to your registration). I say: why is April 10 the first time I hear about it? And why did you take $712 out of my bank account unauthorized? They say the manager who did that is not in today (Friday), you may call him tomorrow (Saturday). But also, your money is with Roomer, and you should actually deal with them about getting it back. "Roomer doesn't pay us when you pay them. They actually went thru booking.com (who has deal on prepaid fees) to get your suite - but neither of them paid us!

Sorry I can't post more info, as I'm driving from Orlando to NYC right now, and don't even have time to get Roomer on the phone. In the meantime, can anyone chime in on any of this?

P.S. Another funny item mentioned by Westgate was that Ms.X did show up and stayed at the resort!