FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Airways and LAA plane repainting / new livery
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:50 pm
FWAAA
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
I recently spoke to a top transportation industry analyst and was told that US Airways will not be repainting for a while because of legal issues involving repainting before the merger closes. Does anyone know what they are and what the actual status of repainting is? How many have been repainted?
Does this even make sense to anyone? I remember that with the United/Continetal merger repainting began fairly quickly.
The "top transportation industry analyst" with whom you spoke doesn't know thing one about this merger. I'd take anything/everything they say with a giant grain of salt.

The corporate merger closed on Dec 9, 2013, and repainting of the US Airways fleet began in earnest almost immediately thereafter.

US and AA merged their frequent flyer plans almost two weeks ago and earlier today, the FAA issued the single operating certificate that is the government's official approval of the combination of the two airlines.