FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any success upgrading Barclays AA Aviator Red MC to AA Aviator Silver World Elite MC?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:11 pm
Scsweet

Programs: Aadvantage
More mixed messages

Here is my exchange with CS:

Me:
I continue to be frustrated about the lack of and/or inconsistent information regarding upgrades from the Red to the Silver Card. I would appreciate clear answers to the following questions:
1) will spending on the Red card count toward the EQM bonus if the card is upgraded prior to the end of the year?
2) will the Silver card become available to everyone at some point or will there be credit limit, spend history or other criteria?
3) will it be possible to defer annual fee renewal charges until a decision on Silver upgrade has been made (I am reluctant to pay an annual fee if I won't be able to upgrade)?
Thank you.

Reply:
... We can certainly address your request regarding the upgrade on your account.

At this time, our current policy prevents us from upgrading or replacing your account. New federal regulations place certain restrictions on product changes and we are currently working hard towards meeting these requirements. If an offer becomes available, we will notify you directly. We also apologize for any inconvenience this may cause...

"Federal Regulations"?