FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Premium Economy
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 15, 12:22 pm
:D!

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
I flew WTP for the first time a few weeks ago and it happened to be on BA. I'd booked various Y+ tickets before but kept getting upgraded

I'm in my 20s and just shy of 6 feet.

As a child and teenager I used to fly frequently, always in Y and never had any trouble sleeping. Once I started getting status and flying J, I stopped being able to sleep in Y. I'm talking about overnight flights here where I've been awake for 15 hours before boarding, so would expect to fall asleep. Instead I stay awake for 24 hours and then need to be awake at my destination too.

On the WTP flight, I was able to sleep properly.

I have now realised that this is because I can actually lie straight in the WTP seat. In the Y seat I'm forced to bend my knees and this prevents me from drifting off. So if sleep is required then I'm going to have to continue booking WTP from now on

Originally Posted by Sam Bee View Post
Still torn - 6 hours of positioning for 2 x 12 hours of extra comfort...? Thoughts?
For me it would depend on whether I wanted the TPs, and whether I could spend those 6 hours doing something more useful like sleeping on the ground, which means that sleeping on the plane isn't as important.