FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Obsession with alcohol on board
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:23 am
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by shorthauldad

Thought experiment: imagine BA had removed all booze from lounges and aircraft for Lent, and was going to donate the money saved to Flying Start.

A good idea?
Yes, why not

It'll be fun to watch a lot of people in a state of rage.

BA had better be careful though - some might burst a blood vessel from fury and might have to divert and the schedule gets all messy and people start trying to claim the EU261 here, there and everywhere (although they won't get anywhere), and then people will start claiming Avios compensation for the lack of alcoholic drinks.

A safer way to test it is to make passengers pay for all alcoholic drinks for Lent in lounges and in the air and donate the money they get to Flying Start. I'd say it's "safer" that way (I suspect it will reduce consumption a lot though, so Flying Start may not get much from this?!)

This experiment could be fun. Not that I'm particularly bothered by anyone drinking as long as they are not bothering me with excessive smell or becoming 'drunk and clumsy' and throwing their drinks about or making horrible noise throwing up or becoming disorderly, in other words, if they are quietly enjoying their drinks and not 'intruding on others' by excessive smell, sound or conduct, then go right ahead...

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Apr 8, 2015 at 1:08 am