FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:03 am
djohannw

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Somewhat complicated situation: About a month ago I booked a flight for November specifically looking for sCO aircraft with R-availability, so when I found a BRU-EWR-IAH fulfilling these parameters, I booked this instead of what normally would have been a more logical FRA-(XXX-)IAH.

Now I got a schedule-change moving me to a sUA aircraft - keeping my upgrade intact, but now being put into a backward-facing, tighter (20 vs. 23 inches) and shorter seat that I specifically tried to avoid by selecting the BRU-EWR segment. If that had not been a priority, I could have done FRA-IAD-IAH (non-stop to IAH had no R) with better times and less problems to get to the airport in time - R was available on that FRA-IAD flight as well a month ago.

Now the question: If I call in, will United a) allow me to change my ticket to depart from FRA or b) to connect from BRU via FRA directly to IAH and c) keep my upgrade in place even if none of the flights out of FRA currently has R available?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Greetings - Dirk