FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA to Cut Back on PreCheck Access for Non-Enrolled Flyers
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:31 pm
Carl Johnson

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chollie
(bolding mine)The delays I have seen in Pre lines are primarily the fault of TSA's own inconsistency and lazy TSOs. The Pre experience is not consistent from airport to airport - or even from checkpoint to checkpoint. I have reverted to my old practice of removing my shoes, outerwear (even an open button-down shirt) and watch before the TDC because of these inconsistencies. I seem to be in the minority: most approach the Pre lane expecting/hoping for the 'full' Pre experience, only to be slowed down by TSOs randomly dictating shoes or outerwear off or requiring an NoS scan (or, in my case, a full body grope) because of a real or 'random' WMD alarm.
I think you fly out of a bad airport. I have had nothing but good experiences at the Übermenschen lane (JFK and SEA, and BDL one time). Now, I will tell you that the instant I moved out of there (Terminal 1 JFK) I encountered the buzz-saw of incompetence I experienced before they put the Übermenschen lanes in there. I didn't give the idiot document checker at T1 my passport - kept asking her why, she kept repeating she needed my passport, finally called a supervisor (who called somebody on the radio for some reason, and then looked over my driving license and BP, scribbled, and handed the stuff back to me).