FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What should I ask AA for, given 2 significant schedule changes to our R.T.?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:06 pm
curbysplace

Programs: United, Delta, American
What should I ask AA for, given 2 significant schedule changes to our R.T.?

Booked and paid for multi city flights on AA November 4, 2014 for flying May 15. Original departure from home town was 5:55pm with arrival at our original destination at 11:50pm (connection at ORD on the way). Homeward trip from a resort--the third leg of our multi-city trip) was originally departing at 2:34pm arriving at home at 10:55pm (with two connections). Yesterday (Easter Sunday) received an email message that our departure from home is now 12:40pm which is 5 hours 15 minutes early and our departure from our vacation resort is now 8:00am which is 6 hours 34 minutes earlier. To me these time changes are significant. Problem with the initial outbound departure is my spouse doesn't finish the last day of teaching until 4:00pm on departure day. Only issue with the return trip is that we lose 3-4 hours of our precious vacation time.

Haven't talked to AA yet but I see an outbound flight the next morning at 6:00 am arriving at our first destination around noon. This is workable providing we can get the flights. For the return there is no alternative.

This is not just one, but two major schedule changes. What can I request or what can I expect from AA by means of compensation. We all know that if I need to change my non-refundable flying plans I need to fork over a minimum of $150 plus any change in the airfare.