FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied boarding on BA due to immigration issue
Old Apr 6, 2015, 4:56 am
HarryKUK

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Andriyko
BA is not an immigration authority and I would think that only a governmental official can prevent a person from travelling due to a lack of an exit stamp. I have not read anything yet that BA is required by Indian authorities to check exit stamps. In fact, this is the first time I am hearing that BA (or any other airline) is doing this.
I would understand why BA would refuse to transport someone who does not have correct documents for the country of arrival and BA does require for passengers to be in the possession of correct docs but checking exit stamps?..
It is still unclear who did the final check, as the pax were unable to distinguish between BA staff, airport staff and immigration staff. They're all in uniform with lanyards so for a first time flier I imagine they all look the same. It may well have been an immigration official who did the search, and then instructed the airline to proceed with the offloading.

Some pax made it as far as the jetty and the rest were in the queue for the final BP scan when the issue came to light.