View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 15, 3:00 pm
keisari

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
PANAMA CITY, REP OF PANAMA WALDORF ASTORIA HOTEL - March 2015

From the moment the bellboy helped us with our luggage until the moment we checked out and the front desk arranged for a private transfer to the airport, the service was excellent.
We checked in at 9 am and with a couple of calls, Diana made sure we have an upgraded room with a nice view of the bay. I was walked to the elevators and the suitcases promptly followed.
Rooms are large, mine had a small balcony; absolutely great bathroom with rain shower and tub with very comfy bath robes. Rooms were serviced quickly and efficiently and bottled water and Nespresso coffee replenished (even though once I had to call because they forgot to leave coffee).
Happy hour in the lobby bar is fun; the bartender seems to be a local connoisseur about the history of drinks and everything else you may want to know. Gin tonic was well executed; chips were a little off but quickly changed to a nice mix of nuts.
The pool area is very nice, a little noisy, but then again you ARE in the center of town. Water was refreshingly warm and the hot tub bubbly. There is a steam room, very elegant spa and an exercise room.
Dinner at the restaurant was brilliantly executed. Our white wine was kept on ice and served it a little at a time (big pet peeve of mine). The food was nicely presented and the sushi fresh and the rice a little warm.
Summary: if you are in Panama City, I highly recommend staying at the Waldorf Astoria. Would recommend a higher floor with water views (although all views are partially blocked). Would recommend the restaurant for breakfast and for dinner and stop by the lobby bar for a happy hour drink. Try the Abuelo 12 year rum.