FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Racked.com takes a view of the miles & points blogosphere [split off from OMaaT]
Old Apr 4, 2015, 9:45 am
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I sincerely appreciate it, 84fiero — and I thank you; but I cannot help but laugh...

...you spelled my FlyerTalk name incorrectly.

How ironic is that?!?
Ha! Well, I was about three sheets to the wind last night when I posted so I guess I'll use that as my excuse!

Also, there's a good reason I'm not a well known author or journalist.

Sorry for the misspell btw, which I have now corrected!

Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
Randy runs Boarding Area. The top blogger is Lucky. This is common knowledge. With lucky getting "couple million visitors" per month, $500k seems real low end. $1350 a day, which equates to around 15-20 CC approvals each day, lets say 10,000 approvals annually to be conservative.

I highly doubt his conversion rate is that low, I'd wager he makes much more then what Randy lets on.

Well it makes sense how Lucky can drop $2000 for some AS miles and say its a "steal". I would imagine he is burning lots of cash buying miles / doing mileage runs.
Oh I wouldn't be shocked if Lucky makes some serious scratch just from CC affiliate income - as I posted upthread his booking service income is pretty high already.

My point was just that your post implied that Randy Petersen provided information that OMAAT, specifically, makes $500K plus from CC affiliate income. But the quote is much more generic than that. Your extrapolation that therefore OMAAT earns that much from CC referrals isn't unreasonable but is not direct confirmation from RP.