FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Premium Economy
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2015, 4:33 am
tmac100

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Obviously YMMV does apply to everyone.

I try to fly WT+ with BA to/from Europe and North America whenever I can I simply HATE economy seats and sometimes need a (prescribed for pain) Lorazopan to put up with the situation.

I am 6'5" and just over 105 kg and have a (healed) busted right knee. I am willing to pay for additional leg room/pitch. The extra comfort in the seats (because of padding/softness) is IMHO just perception.

I quite liked the old 747 WT+ seats. Similarly, I prefer 777 seats to Airbus (A3XX) seats. I simply DESPISE A380 seats because of their LACK of adequate pitch. My sons (both over 6') have flown the A380 and they also prefer the 777 seats because of the pitch. New is not always better

Between the Arabian gulf region and Asia/Australia BA does not fly so I cannot do WT+ with them. Thus, I try to fly UL or AI in J class because of the legroom, knowing IFE is poor. Between KUL and Australia I have flown Air Asia in business class, strictly for the seats. This summer I will fly MH (and bid for) and hope for an upgrade to business simply for the legroom. Time will tell, but I have stopped taking Lorazepam Oh, FWIW, I fly for pleasure and on my own dime - if that matters.