FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Premium Economy
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2015, 3:11 am
Amtexfly

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
BA Premium Economy

Decided to stop lurking and get involved in some conversation

Just a little background information before I get to the point of this thread...I joined Virgin's FFC and the BAEC last year after a monster hang over at Heathrow led to me enquiring at the Virgin upgrade desk about an upgrade from economy. A short conversation and £350 later I had a premium economy seat. After this experience I vowed to do everything possible to never fly economy again!. After a bit of research I took out the Virgin and BA black AMEX cards and have been avidly collecting points ever since.

Fast forward to this year and my friend and I decided we would book premium economy from the outset. The flight from LHR-DEN was wonderful as we were upgraded to CW! Not a bad way to get your first business class experience. We weren't so lucky on the return leg however and had to take our designated seats in WTP. I have to say I was thoroughly disappointed, these seats were a world away from my previous experience with PE on Virgin flights (I have done another PE return flight at this point) with the only obvious difference being slightly more leg room and the use of proper cutlery. Now I'm not a seat snob by any means, it's still a new experience and I appreciate all the little differences that can make a flight more comfortable but I was really struggling to see what the extra money paid for. Had we not gotten our flights in a sale I would have felt ripped off.

I'm just wondering if I had a bad experience or is WTP severely lacking when compared to Virgin's PE? I have been thinking about ditching either Virgin or BA as I would be better off putting all my eggs in one basket and as much as I like the Virgin experience there is no escaping the fact the BAEC is a far better loyalty programme when you add a partner into the equation. My thinking is that if I'm paying I will fly PE but points will be used for either Biz or F but I'm starting to try and justify paying for CW or F as based on that experience, PE is simply not worth the money with British Airways.