FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2015 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation 261/2004
Old Apr 3, 2015, 1:44 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mayonaise
BA only refunding £50 of the £90 taxi fare. It's not the money - it's the principle. I have never heard of this before form BA but have been told repeatedly it's "policy"?? Also have never had them say this to me ( BA Gold also) before and I have submitted quite a few taxi receipts due to delays / cancellations before.
Welcome to Flyertalk mayonaise, it would be good to see you in the other parts of this resource too.

I've never claimed a taxi from BA but I'm aware there is indeed a £50 limit that they apply, or at least try to apply. I've also heard of people who have rung up BA to complain about that getting the full amount paid. On the other hand the Uber cost from LHR to East London is £47.

Under EC/261 BA may well be liable for the additional transport costs, but I imagine they would expect you to make some use of public transport rather than a taxi and it's not clear from the Regulations whether that approach, or your approach, is correct. It just says that BA is potentially responsible for the "cost of transferring the passenger".