FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (BUSINESS) OW RT AMS,CDG,FRA+ - GRU,GIG+ ~1808 A.I. Route Thru N.A.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 4:57 pm
Calchas
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mlqsko
The hell is 1W
It was World Air Leasing Gambia, but it is not currently in use.

Originally Posted by stephem
I've found plenty of JFK, DFW, ORD, PIT and MIA connections using ITA and limiting to AA+ I think LAX may exceed MPM?

As for LX, if you do a segment by segment search and specify the fare basis in the advanced routing codes, you'll probably find other connections in EU, including LX. That's how I usually find those oddball connections that are allowed. Often requires TA to book them them.
MPM is 7293
Code:
    V FARE BASIS     BK    FARE   TRAVEL-TICKET AP  MINMAX  RTG
  1   INE7A7Q1       I‡R  1375.00 D30NV  T14AP  7/3  7/12M AT01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT                 AUTO PRICE-YES              
FROM-AMS TO-SAO    CXR-AA    TVL-02APR15  RULE-A089 IPRSAA2/27
FARE BASIS-INE7A7Q1          SPECIAL FARE  DIS-E   VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BND      RT-BUSINESS CLASS NON-DISCOUNTABLE
EUR  1276.00   MPM  E07FEB15 D30NOV15   FC-INE7A7Q1  FN-19   
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 06FEB15/1317  EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG AMS-SAO/AA      EF-07FEB15 DIS-INDEF

/VIA THE ATLANTIC/ MPM 7293
MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES BETWEEN ORIGIN AND DESTINATION
 MILEAGE SYSTEM APPLIES ORIGIN TO DESTINATION
[I had a discussion with ITA Hacker about the fare specifier. It doesn't work the way you would think. If you force a fare component, it actually applies as a filter after the search is done. So in a complex search if ITA's algorithm did not find your desired fare as one of the cheapest in the first pass, then you will get zero flights returned, even though, for instance, the fare component may be a completely valid way of covering your desired sectors.

So in that sense it doesn't guide ITA into finding the right fare, and therefore in some sense is not very helpful for price optimization purposes.

If you've ever seen the price drop substantially on the second page of an ITA search (after you've picked a few sectors), it means that ITA did not find the cheapest fares the first time through and only found a better deal once you had pinned down a few sectors.

ITA Hacker filed a bug report for me but he/she claims it was a low priority.]

Back to the fare: apparently will book into Y or Z on LX, I'll believe it when I see it.

BA and IB have been offering similar fares. Check also ex ROM and ex PAR since that is where the competition is strongest.

Last edited by Calchas; Apr 2, 2015 at 5:05 pm