FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to Manufactured Spending? Start Here (2015)
Old Apr 2, 2015, 10:45 am
mulliganman30

Complete newbie to this. I have several questions I am hoping someone can answer.

First off, what are the most important acronyms and what they mean including VR and WM load? The acronyms can make it kind of difficult to understand everything.

2. Are there any certain gift cards that work best for getting money orders (if I want to pay for my mortgage and sales tax/licensing on a new vehicle I just purchased)? Can Serve/Bluebird/Redcard with enough funds for the money order amount be used to directly purchase the money order (instead of using any said give cards above)?

3. Does loading Serve/Bluebird/Redbird from credit card result in a cash advance fee on the credit card? The card I might start trying this with in the beginning is a Chase Sapphire Preferred card that has a $4,000 3 month minimum spending requirement to be met.

4. Can Serve load via credit card only now happen by using an American Express credit card?

5. Can you use Bill Pay to pay other credit card bills with Serve/Bluebird/Redbird if there are funds in the account to cover it? How do you select the correct Chase/Amex, etc. bill to pay when using Serve/Bluebird/Redbird Bill Pay option?

6. Is there a way to get a Redbird card if you have no friends/family in areas where they are being sold (I'm in southwest Missouri)?

7. Is regular card needed to start loading, getting money orders, Bill Pay, etc. for Bluebird/Redbird/Serve? In other words can you use your temporary card for that until the permanent one arrives?

Whew! Sorry for so many questions but I have read this thread and taken notes a couple of times but still a bit confused.