FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:40 am
hungarianhc

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by spgplat21
Breakfast is a required benefit of the program so no that is not the case. Plus that's not exactly what the review said; it said "The only negative change is the fact that Diamond guests no longer get the free full breakfast, which was a major amenity."

The breakfast now is a continental-style breakfast with your choice of one hot item (the Pantry Breakfast is what it's called). I won't bore everyone with another recap of the breakfast change, but if you want some more background on it just go back a couple pages and it should be mentioned in approximately 99% of the posts.
Thanks for this clarification. This made me feel better before we took off last night, but... here's something interesting. We checked in last night, and the person who checked us in let us know that as Diamonds, we would have complimentary breakfast at the buffet. I asked him if there were special limits or if we needed some vouchers. He said no - just charge to the room and they will get knocked off. This seems to be more liberal of a policy than you mentioned. Have they changed again or did he give us wrong information?