FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - *A Honeymoon Trip Help
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2015, 3:35 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DCMC
My question is this, obviously I want to make this trip special and fly in first class at least 1 leg. Our current itinerary has us in UA F, but it is tempting to switch to the new itinerary and fly Asiana's a380, albeit in business. Should I keep our routing as-is, or switch to Asiana C class? I've heard UA F is not that great of a product.
I would switch to the OZ flights based simply on routing. That BRU/ARN/BKK transit is going to be long, difficult, and fatiguing. Certainly not worth a single, relatively short flight in UA GF.

The ICN transfer, by contrast, is super easy. J on the OZ 380 will be in some ways better than UA GF (certainly the food will be better), although you will have less personal space. I've done that ICN-HKT flight and while the food and service are great, the seats are not the best. The 2 a.m. arrival is also challenging; strongly recommend you arrange airport transport with your hotel in advance.