FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2015 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation 261/2004
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:42 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by eshroom
Does my additional journey time count as delay? Does the fact that I went to LHR directly from my house as opposed to travelling first to LCY and then my house make any difference to a claim?
I'm not sure there's anything specific on that point in the Regulations or in case law. I personally think you would be on stronger ground if you were able to say you were required to leave the home x minutes early and got there y minutes later, which thereby gave a three hour delay plus. But that said, this was an arrangement to which you agreed in advance. So personally I don't think this is the strongest argument I've seen here.

Incidentally, though you have found an App which says it takes 98 minutes, not only do I know from personal experience that it doesn't take that long, but Transport for London says it take 70 minutes. So I think you would need to be careful on that one.