FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PresidentialPlus credit card - Benefits, Q&A, .... (impact of 2019 & 2020 MP changes)
Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:21 pm
Renard

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Q

I'm debating what to do with this card. I've stopped chasing UA status and pretty much all but stopped flying UA all together since 3/1. I'll never make 1K again because of the PQD spend. With the RDM earn cut, plat elite has just too high of a incremental cost relative to what I get from my earned MM gold status.

I'm MM gold elite so that gives me free bags etc. The earn of this card on non-UA is mediocre at best especially when I consider that there is the commitment to the points going to UA where they're likely planning their next deval. A Chase Ultimate Rewards card makes more sense because I don't need to bank the points to a program and that gives somewhat of a hedge from devals.

If I were still chasing UA elite then this card would be invaluable because of the PQD waiver but I just don't see the value other than the club access...and I could get that from the UA club card with the extre miles earn (1.5 miles per $) on the extra spend.

What am I missing?