FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:49 am
ChurnChop

Originally Posted by coltonatx
I know general wisdom says not to overpay your balance; in other words, do not send a payment until charges post. I believe many people have gotten shut down by doing this.

When I send a payment from my Wells Fargo checking account, the payment shows as pending immediately; it takes about a business day to post, but my available credit increases immediately by the payment amount. Is it risky to charge to the CC while the payment is pending?
May be. Never done it. I've paid throught the WF Checking as well. For me the CL increase is immediate, and I mean immediate not even a business day. That being said, I do it on-line and have also done it via the app. I just use the transfer option, I believe, and the CL immediately jumps back up. That might not work fast if you go in to the branch however, but if pending for one day, will waiting one day really hurt your bottom line?

I've also paid off the CL other ways and none of them are as fast. After paying off the balance 5x in one stmt period, like another poster stated earlier, WF accepted payment of course but never raised the CL until a couple days before the statement closed, took about 2.5 weeks. I did not call. Although I know some of you out there would probably do that and invite scrutiny. Since I've gotten almost $4k in free cash back over 5 months I didn't think complaining was appropriate.