FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MP Accounts Closed by UA Alleging Fraud/Misuse
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:57 am
EMan

Programs: UA 2MM, Life UC, Global Entry (UK citizen)
Originally Posted by jay_fter
Got an email from Compliance that they have found upgrades being bartered / sold and have permanently closed my MP account and zeroed out the miles and upgrades.
I was not going to have any personal travel this year, so I gave away all my GPUs to friends, I don't understand why they would say its been bartered or sold. At this point my 490K RDMs and 1K status is gone - this is aggravating ...
Would appreciate tactical advice.
Speaking for myself, If I gave away (to anybody) all my GPU's and United closed my account, I would sue them for damages and legal costs. THEY would be the ones committing fraud and/or theft and/or defamation of character.

However, having said all that, if you "gave" your GPUs away but "sold advice" at the same time, I'm afraid you've bartered your GPUs and you're out of luck.

...I was not going to have any personal travel this year, so I gave away all my GPUs to friends...
...Got the account...have enough travel planned this year to get back to 1-K.
(Always upgraded to Business/First by your company?) Glad you now have a lot of travel planned.

Hey, net-net, I feel bad for you but am glad you got your account back.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 27, 2015 at 10:32 am Reason: Merge