FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Retroactive Credit from Partners on *A plans
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:11 am
mjet_cz

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Platinum)
Retroactive Credit from Partners on *A plans

I have a colleague who took a series of flights from the US to several Asian cities last December (4 months ago). There were flights on Ewa, Singapore, Air China, ANA and United. He's not a FF member in any *A plan so I suggested he do so in order to get retroactive credit. He signed up for a United MileagePlus plan and we submitted the flight details of all of these flights. My assumption was that they'd grant him points for United and also other *A partner flights for up to 6 months back.

United came back telling me that they do not grant points for retroactive flights on partner airlines, just United and Copa (and flights older than 30 days require a $50 fee). That's a shame as several of the flight segments were booked in business class and could generate some significant points.

Are there any other *A partner airlines whose plans might award points for these retroactive partner flights? If signing him up for another airline's plan with different rules on this type of thing, I'll suggest he do so.

Thanks!

Last edited by mjet_cz; Mar 25, 2015 at 4:25 am Reason: Clarity