FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Istanbul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:33 pm
lsed

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by suite2suite
Have you had a chance to check out the new HR?

I will be in Istanbul for a few days in May and again in June.
Although I will not be using a DSU, I was considering staying at GH but from what you experienced I will probably choose to stay at the HR or the PH.

By the way, did you bring up any of your complaints at the time to GH mgmt?
Haven't had the chance to try the HR, but I am looking forward to it when I do have a transit in IST. I would consider it more of an airport hotel.
IST is huge and the traffic conditions are usually quite bad. It can easily take an hour to get from the airport to the GH / PH.
But if you are going to be there for a few days, I think the HR will be too far away from the sights.

I did mention at checkout and the staff wrote it down on a piece of paper. Two days later I filled in the survey online and the GM wrote an email to me to apologize about the issues I faced.
I wasn't expecting any compensation so I didn't push it further.

GH location near Taksim is great if you plan to take the funicular and the metro to the old town.
PH is has more cafes and boutiques and it's a nicer area to hang out when you're done with the sightseeing over on the old town.