FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Portland, ME - Where to eat?
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:26 pm
PWMTrav

Originally Posted by EricTheNerd
I'll second Duckfat for being worth the hype. We had a significant wait when we went, but it only served to strengthen the appetite. Fries, shake, panini (duck confit) and doughnuts are all worth it. BYO-Angioplasty

If you're interested in a French Bistro, I rather enjoyed Petite Jacqueline. The marrow was top notch, and of course another stellar duck entree. Good bistro vibe and service too.
PJ is very good, but it's hard for me to be on that block and not go to Pai Men Miyake or Boda. Agree the marrow bones are great. Not a bad place for a steak frites and a beer, either.

Oh, I forgot Boda. Best Thai in Portland. Not of the Americanized carryout variety. That aside, if fried chicken is on that day, order it.

We moved here from the DC area. We were spending a lot of weekends up here pretty much being food tourists. I'm kind of ashamed to admit that the food scene here was at least part of the decision It was primarily a career move and a better place (to us) to raise a family, but food definitely factored. I'm not sure there's another city of 60k people out there with this many good restaurants.