FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's with the CPH lounge lately?
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalker01565
Suspended

Originally Posted by fassy
@CKCPH come down and relax... no need to be offensive here.
Yes, yes, I know. I just have troubles taking A3 *Gs who complain like DYKWIAs seriously ... if you're based in Copenhagen and credit to A3, it's because you wouldn't be eligible for the *G perks through Northern European airlines.

And that's fine. It's the rules of the game, I knooow.

Comparing to e.g. LH, SK also gives away the status very cheap.
I agree. Compared to how much (or little) I fly, it's seriously weird to be qualifying for Diamond soon with several months to spare. I think I'm a fine Gold candidate, but I guess full flex Plus s/h and Plus/Biz for my rather infrequent l/h trips are pretty valuable to SK, so that's why I'm getting enough points for Diamond. I don't feel like some superelite flyer.

Even on A3 nowadays you have to either work out to trick the system (like others do in the other programs as well) or spend quite some significant time in the air which qualifies you as frequent flyer.
12,000 miles to become Gold after you've had it the first time? I have more change in my change jar in my kitchen than what it costs to buy 12,000 miles on A3, my friend. It's still not hard.

And by the way, when I see what some groups of people slurp away (wine, booze), they definitely get their value for the money (or to be more precise, for the status).
I'm going to cite you a lovely saying from Holberg. It's in Danish:

Når skidt kommer til ære, ved det ikke, hvordan det skal være - loosely translated as 'when dirt comes to honor, it doesn't know how to behave'. That's my word on that Oh, that's a lie ... it wouldn't be good without subtly reminding you how close to Sweden our airport in Copenhagen is ...

In my opinion they could remove all alcoholic stuff from the lounges and planes immediately.
Ordnung muss indeed sein, but I'm not sure that much Ordnung is good for anyone. I like a beer when I'm flying home after a long week. One, though. Not 10.