FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RDM earnings for UA tickets / UA operated flights - based on spend (PQD, now PQPs)
Old Mar 23, 2015, 3:54 pm
Pdyer

Programs: WN A-list Preferred, Companion pass, United 1k, Marriott Platinu,HHonors Diamond
Angry

Originally Posted by mduell
Indeed, it's a huge devaluation for people paying $300 to the airline for a 7000+mi flight.

Maybe you could take your ORD-HKG business over to someone who values your business like WN? Oh dear, they already have a $ based award program -- and the redemptions are $ based too!

Where did you come up with $300 for a round trip from Ohare to Honolulu? My ticket value for the round trip was $900? I am an actual EVERY week flyer and have to try and get the best fares possible for business travel.
I predicted the legacies ( to my co workers who fly the legacies ) would go to revenue based long before any one of them did and low and behold 2 out of 3 now have. It still doesn't mean i like getting almost 80% less miles then i got only 3 weeks before for the same trip. That's the whole point of my post. I am WELL aware that WN started the revenue based mileage program as i have over 2 million points with them, but unlike UA ,buying a last minute fare on WN does not feel like you have just been violated. BS fares stay the same from day one when released until day of flight. i am only flying UA because WN does not yet or might never go over the Pacific. UA being almost dead last in customer service and now their crappy version of the revenue based mileage will never earn any of the 40k i spend every year on air travel once i wrap up this current project in HI.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 23, 2015 at 4:35 pm Reason: Discuss the issues, not each other