FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI
Old Mar 22, 2015, 9:33 pm
Football Fan

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
There is one particular agent (but it is not limited to her), Shelly B., who just keeps rejecting claims in the most ridiculous way possible.

My claim was for a flexible rate, competing site was hotels.com

Rejection e-mail:

Dear Mr. Football Fan,

We are pleased to hear of your desire to stay with us and happy to be of assistance regarding your Best Rate Guarantee submission. After researching, I was unable to validate your claim based on Booking.com not including tax. Please see below for the details of your claim and the rates we located in researching your claim.

Hyatt Destination: Grand Hyatt Berlin

Arrival Date: ...

Departure Date: ...

Third Party Website: Booking.com

Room Type: Grand King

Rate Plan: Advance Purchase

Third Party Rate: 876.00 EUR

Hyatt.com Rate: 876.00 EUR
1) Taxes are always included in the price by law in Germany, both on hyatt.com and 3rd party sites
2) I booked a flexible rate (and made a claim based on a 3rd party flexible rate), not an advance purchase rate
3) The competing website I quoted was hotels.com, not booking.com
4) The competing rate on hotels.com was significantly lower than what "Shelly B." claimed
5) Even on booking.com, both the advance purchase rate and the flexible rate were lower than what "Shelly B." quoted.

I am just wondering if anyone could really be this incompetent or if they are just being trained to reject no matter what.