FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's with the CPH lounge lately?
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2015, 5:07 am
FlyingMoose

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by fassy
True enough the TK IST or also the TG lounge in BKK are nice but comparing Asian or middle eastern airport lounges with European or Scandinavian ones is hardly fair. They can provide stellar service with a tiny fragment of the cost associated with it.
Ugh, you can do the same in Scandinavia just fine. Cheap staff is also available in Denmark and Sweden, just need to play it right. It doesn't explain for example why the BA Galleries lounges do have reasonable and accessible warm food options, so it is perfectly possible in Europe. And I'm talking about the regular BA lounge, not the Galleries First. It takes 1 maybe 2 headcount during the day to cover the food.

Why should a airline in Europe bear that cost for the huge host of freeloaders flashing shiny *A Gold cards and keep the ticket price down? (not what I think, but what I think, they think )
Premium lounge can be improved and limited to their own Business and top tier elites. Even requiring Diamond/Gold to fly at least Plus.

There are plenty of options to improve the lounge and food situation without taking a financial hit, SK just isn't looking at them.