FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing [Master Thread]
Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:52 pm
washeelers747

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by texontour
I used Marks Guide from Tripadvisor when I stayed at this hotel. mark520bj at hotmail com I used the English driver but no guide. Definitely take the Toboggan down the mountain. I would also suggest that you wait to schedule until you are there and know which day will be a low pollution day so that visibility will be higher.

"We can provide The private Mutianyu Wall tour for three different options4 seats, 2010 Model) in 8 hours, extra 60 RMB per hour

1. 600 RMB with Mandarin Speaking Driver,
2. 700 RMB with English Speaking Driver,
3. 1200 RMB with an English Speaking Guide and a Driver with car.
The driver/guide will pick you up in your hotel lobby.

All of the above includes the driver's salary, gas, highway tolls and parking fee. Drinking water will be supplied for free, but entrance fees, meals, other refreshments and gratuities are not included. I can also supply, for free, a local cell phone so that you can keep in contact with us whilst you are under our services.

For your information the Mutianyu Wall entrance fee is 60 RMB P/P, child price is 45 RMB P/P.
The cable car and Toboggan return ticket is 100 RMB P/P. There are other ways to get down, but this is usually the most popular.

It is about 90 minutes (80 KMs) from downtown Beijing to the Mutianyu entrance of the Great Wall, so it is best that we leave either at 7:30 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. to avoid the rush hour traffic jam; which would be your preference?
Want to thank you for sharing your experience. Friends and I am looking hard into this, because price sound reasonable with 4 persons, and much convenient than dealing with subway/train/bus to see GW.