FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Codeshare on BA metal - problems accessing booking
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:49 pm
swintonowl

Programs: BA Silver, LH Blue, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold,Amex Platinum
I called US Airways 2 weeks ago about my booking, they told me that there was a 'computer glitch' over the weekend of 28th Feb and some bookings hadn't been setup correctly but not to worry as it would all be sorted out and I would get a new email confirmation in 1-2 weeks.

Two weeks later (today) I called them back and they told me that BA were not honouring the booking (apparently they have a right not to as long as they tell US Airways in 24 hours) - I paid for the booking and had e-tickets issued 3 weeks ago and have had no notification of any kind!

The agent at US Airways then tells me she has cancelled the booking and refunded me. I said this wasnt acceptable and asked for a supervisor.

The supervisor then said it was my fault as I must have asked for a refund and she couldn't prove whether I did or not.

I then spoke to a manager who said she would look into it but not a lot she could do as it was now cancelled (she promised to email me right away but have received nothing).

I am furious with US Airways for doing this and lying to me. What recourse do I have?, every time I call them I am on the phone waiting for an hour and they fob me off.