FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dubai 1-day stopover.... any hotel withing walking distance to DXB terminal?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:33 pm
RadioGirl

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
It refers to airside access in the situation you haven't got your boarding pass yet - clearly if you check in and leave the terminal without a boarding pass and come back, you need to wait for check-in to open in DXB for your onward flight to be allowed back in, i.e. no exceptions for checked in hotel pax.
Yeah, I get that. What confuses me is:
  • Non-Emirates, or Emirates to US, check-in opens 3 hrs prior = no access to hotel until 3 hrs prior.
  • Emirates (not to US), check-in opens 6 hrs prior = access to hotel "any time".
It would seem like the latter would mean you can only get airside within 6 hrs of your flight.

My thought process is that access to hotel (from the outside) = access airside = passing immigration and security = (I assume) having a BP for onward flight.

I guess if the OP already has a BP for the onward flight when arriving in DXB, then coming and going airside would be okay. Probably the key issue is whether the time in DXB is counted as a transit (in which case they would get both BPs at origin or get the second BP at a transit desk airside) or a stopover (in which case they need to check in again at DXB for the second flight, 6 hrs prior to flight.)

Or I'm just confused.