FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 18, 2015, 1:58 am
AZ Travels the World
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by file51
Firstly, I, along with several family members and friends who have stayed in separate rooms, with no Hyatt status on many occasions have never . . .
Folks, here's the thing. I don't doubt for a minute that several of you and your friends and family have stayed at this hotel countless times and have never had the experience that I had. You are regulars. You should be treated exceptionally. I'm a regular at a small number of properties I frequent, where they treat me as you describe your treatment. As it should be.

AND, I came to Australia and Melbourne for the first time. Based upon my experience at Park Hyatt hotels all around the world, I chose the Park Hyatt Melbourne. I've described my experience. It was THE most disappointing Park Hyatt experience I've ever had. I'm sorry. Really, I am. It was a REALLY big trip. But it was what it was.

Now, you can challenge whether I'm being truthful, but I'll let my FT history speak for itself. My experience was my experience. And no number of your great experiences will make mine any less real -- or any less disappointing.

I raised my issues at the time and reported how that went. I got no sense that feedback mattered. So I'm moving on -- and letting my fellow FTers know of my experience.

I wish had not chosen this hotel. It's really not personal, it just didn't live up to my expectations of a Park Hyatt. Should others be making a similar choice, it's A data point they deserve to have.