FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 18, 2015, 12:23 am
file51

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I'm not so sure. Remember, FTers are a tiny sample.

I recommend many friends to stay at the PH. I'm not the type to email a GM for favours. I recommend they book a club room and they have always had positive reviews as non status guests.

Their negative feedback is always that the hotel is not very modern.

I should add that the hotel has had a soft refresh. Apparently the Park Lounge was closed for 2 weeks in January and has new carpet, new furniture, wood panelling, lighting and throughout the other common areas they have added a significant amount of stunning modern art.
In regards to m0hamed's reviews and data points, I would also have to 100% agree and reiterate this is one of the better PH's out there in regards to looking after repeat clientele.

I have not stayed anywhere near the amount of times as others, but at least 6 stays per year and on each and every occasion, all my preferences have been met. And whenever something has come up, staff or management go above and beyond to ensure I get what was needed, or at least try and accommodate the request I have.

If you want all the mod cons and have the latest in gadgets, maybe the PH New York is more up your alley. Personally I feel the PH Melbourne has the right mix of old and new, and if you don't like something, or it isn't working out for you, say something then and there.