FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Club vs. Priority Pass
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:32 am
Long Zhiren

There's got to be a more appropriate forum for this discussion.
I have both *A lounge access & Priority Pass access.
I can offer you lots and lots of comparisons from around the world.

As I'm drifting away from UA, the Priority Pass is becoming more and more handy. A lot of the lounges just don't look sustainable. UA simply does not have a lounge at SJC. The lounge there is a nice oasis. It gets better just before the NH flight. We'll see if it picks up speed once Hainan Airlines service at SJC gets going. The KLM lounge at IAH has much nicer food than the UA Clubs there, but the UA Clubs there have handy showers between long flights. Yes, around the world, it really becomes hit or miss. The KAL lounge at NRT is almost useless. Other places like Queenstown (ZQN) just don't have an alternative to the *A lounge. At Colombo (CMB) Sri Lanka, my wife would not touch the PP lounge option's food. I thought that food was okay, but my standards are easily questionable. In my book, the best lounges in the world are SYD's QF lounges, but neither *A or PP get you access to that.

Presently, if you get the Citibank Prestige credit card, you get a Priority Pass Select card that's good for three years. $50 for an additional card gets your spouse a Pass too. We'll see how long that deal goes.