FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] UA: NCL-EWR 600 DKK (mistaken fare) DOT ruled; see wiki for link
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:55 am
Paul4Travel

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by thepaul500
Not that it means much or anything will come of it, but the DOT FOIA Division has acknowledged receipt of my freedom of information request (asking for records of all correspondence between them and united, as well as any documentation related to their decision, with the exception of the actual complaints submitted)

I'll post an update when I hear anything else from them, the statute requires a response (but not actual release of documents) in a further 20 business days.

I fully expect them to not release very much and claim exemption under either intra-agency communications/decision processes, or confidential trade secrets.

I'll appeal either if they do:
Department of the Interior v. Klamath Water Users Protective ...'n, Merit Energy Co. v. United States Department of the Interior, Center for International Environmental Law v. Office of the United States Trade Representative for intra-agency, and will need to find some case law if they claim trade secrets

This is not what I do for a living, so it is very likely nothing will come of any of this, but its interesting for sure.

For reference:
File #2015-147, Office of the Secretary of Transportation
many thanks! it would be funny to see what they discussed behind the scenes!