FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No assignable seats in F but have reservation (or can still purchase a seat)? 752/772
Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:11 pm
denver19

Programs: UA, Some Others
No assignable seats in F but have reservation (or can still purchase a seat)? 752/772

Today, I bought a round trip, on the nonstop from Denver to OGG and back. It is a route I fly at least monthly. My corporate overlords allow purchase of 1st class, but none was available on the outbound. So I am in a E+ seat going to Maui, and in 1st on the redeye coming home. Expensive ticket by the way.

The hitch is there are no seats, first class or otherwise showing open on the night flight coming home. I don't have a seat assignment, and I asked the agent (I am 1K) about a seat assignment and she said "Just do it at the airport, because I cannot assign a seat". Travel is in about a week. First Class shows full, and so does the rest of the airplane.

So my question is this: Will I have a return seat? Will it be in first? Should I arrive about 5 hours prior to boarding on my way back? What are the thoughts of the road warriors that know.

I look forward to your insights,
Denver19

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 16, 2015 at 4:17 am Reason: vague thread title