FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 15, 2015, 3:16 pm
AZ Travels the World
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Wow, that sounds awful. I have to say, since GM Sholto Smith left I noticed levels slipping. No more handwritten cards, spelling my name wrong on printed cards, no more complimentary amenities.

Did Evelyn and Mirna in the club lounge not woo you with their charm? In my mind they make the hotel.

I have never, in at least 8 years, been told Radii is full. It's F1 Grand Prix week too. I have also never had issues with the wifi, however now wifi is free to all guests it may be a different story.

May I suggest you send an email to the property and Hyatt Corporate Care?

Curious, though, why you didn't ask to change suites?
As breakfast is only served in the lounge on Sunday and we were there during the week, and we tended to be out-and-about during the cocktail hour service, we didn't spend any time up there. It's where we sat for the 3 hours waiting for our room, but the majority of that time was unstaffed and we were the only two in it. So we didn't have any interaction with Evelyn or Mirna.

I thought it was unfortunate the club doesn't do breakfast 6 days a week, as that's very much my preference -- a quick coffee and a small bite in a lounge environment.

As for changing the suite, by the time we got into our room, having been in transit for more than 24 hours and sitting in the lounge for three, I frankly didn't have the energy for negotiating over a different suite. Plus it's not typically my style to do so. I tend to trust that a PH is treating me as well as they can. The problems with the suite evolved over time, at which point we were unpacked and settled in so I wasn't interested in changing unless it was truly severe. I did what I could to address the issues as they came up. Some were resolved, others weren't.

I've been hoping that I would receive a survey -- I've found, particularly with Hyatt, that's the quickest way to get someone in management to pay attention to your experiences. I suspect there is some link to compensation. Thus far, naturally, no survey. I'm not particularly inclined to sending a note to management. What I do for a living is senior executive development and assisting senior teams with identifying and resolving issues with organizational culture, structure and personnel that impede expected performance. I'm pretty clear the issues at this property are systemic and stem from inadequate management. My experience tells me that unsolicited feedback in a situation like this is pretty consistently a waste of time.