FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Close the Information desk forum
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2015, 4:33 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
And what would you rename it to if you were going to rename it?

Cheers.
Hmm. "travelers Aid" seems to already be taken!

Originally Posted by mommafrica
Respectfully, I would like to know the purpose of this forum? If I can't find where the "airline and car rental promo and codes" why would I come here for you to send me back to the same car rental forum where some advanced nuts don't want to answer you and if they do its disrespectful meaning that when you defend yourself on here you will be blocked off of here b/c one of their long-time moderator friends and others see it their way even though they know that their wrong. Absolutely ridiculous.
That's not how it appears to be working.

What does appear to be working is new members who perhaps feel intimidated by FT come and post. They often get a welcome, some assistance about their issue. If their thread eventually gets moved, they have an idea of what they're looking for because they've often enough been provided with a link and preliminary information. Now they've been "launched" on FlyerTalk.

And the rest of what you allege FT is about and tolerates doesn't even dignify a response, IMO. If you have specific complaints and instances to report, you can try the forum Moderators, the Senior Moderators or the Community Director. She will handle it or refer to the Moderator Peer Review Committee. This is not the place.

On topic, I make it a point to drop by the Information Desk every day or two to welcome some new members, share some information I've learnt from my experiences or others, and include links to resources.

I welcome you - and everyone - to do the same.

(excerpted from the Rules)

FlyerTalk is a community and is intended to be a friendly, helpful and collegial place.
and

About Us

FlyerTalk features discussions and chat boards that covers the most up-to-date traveler information. An interactive community dedicated to your favorite topic: travel! That's right: all travel, all the time. The FlyerTalk forums are open for business 24 hours, 7 days a week. Even better, all travelers -- from vacation travelers to mileage junkies -- are welcome in the community. Just choose a forum and you can get to the business at hand: conversing about programs, how to make the most of your miles and points, general travel, airports, destination and dining information.