FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice Needed, Hotel Breach of Contract - W New York - Union Square
Old Mar 14, 2015, 11:06 am
donotblink

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I certainly do not want to do business with the hotel at this point, however, I typically plan these events several months in advanced, and my options are very limited at this point. Maybe the W New York - Union Square should walk my reservation to another Starwood property that can accommodate me.

In regards to the legal terminology, I genuinely feel that they made material misrepresentations to attract my business, only to bait and switch on me. Since I wrote the OP, the hotel has reached out, they wanted to know if I'd be interested in renting out the hotel's nightclub, which normally goes for $10,000.00, but they'd be willing to give me for $5,000.00. I told them that I'm not at all interested in the nightclub, which is IMO a much less intimate space and too large (not to mention expensive).

However, you guys make a very good point, in the future, I should use softer terminology.

As a gesture of goodwill, and to form a settlement that would work for all parties, I offered to commit to $1,000.00 F&B minimum. They told me that $1,000.00 would likely be to low, because they have union agreements, but that they would run my offer my the GM, and that I should hear back next week.

Assuming I don't come to a settlement that involves a NDA, I'll be sure to report back to let you guys know how things went.