FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority for FO when calling Delta?
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2015, 7:57 pm
naranjero

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by javabytes
The different phone numbers are just smoke and mirrors. It doesn't matter what number you call. You'll be put in the right queue.
Yes, that's correct.
I was calling from a non-status phone, so if you don't enter FO SM number, then you end up as general member. If you do, then as FO.

BTW, I noticed a huge difference: on 3232323 line they say 'Hi', and on the elite line they say 'Hello.'

Originally Posted by gooselee
Unless you literally started two calls at the same time, one from an FO phone number and the other from an unidentified one, and then saw which one picked up first, this isn't the most valid test. DLs hold time messages give an approximate range - perhaps the FO call would be picked up in 28 minutes, and the non-elite call picked up in 30 mins. That's still a (small) priority.
Hmm... Yeah, you've got a point here.

Here's what I just did.
Two phones, both are not connected to any SM account, therefore you're a general member unless you enter your SM number.
Two calls at the same time. To be precise, elite line was dialed 10 seconds earlier since it takes time to enter SM number. As it was pointed out, it doesn't matter which line to dial. Elite one asks SM number right away, general one - after confirming why are you calling.
It can be debatable at which moment you take your place in the line, at the start of the call or, say, at the 'okay, I'll connect you to the right person' phrase (I'm inclining to the latter), but honestly I think it doesn't really matter in this case.

Facts:
  • General SM member
    • Announced waiting time: 0:54 - 1:34
    • Actual waiting time: 0:53:20
  • Silver Medallion member
    • Announced waiting time: 0:54 - 1:35 (One minute more - what a coincidence! Lol ^)
    • Actual waiting time: 0:53:14 (plus 10 seconds on top of that because I dialed earlier)

Result:
Waiting time is absolutely the same. No priority at all.
Those seconds of difference are within admissible error of the experiment. And even if it was like 2-3 mins, in comparison to almost one hour waiting it's still the same.

I'm really disappointed, Delta.

And, it's so much harder now to play HUCA game. Hopefully I won't need it.

Last edited by naranjero; Mar 13, 2015 at 9:32 pm