FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Status Roll call
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:56 pm
MileKing
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by aghplane
I did not make Lifetime status at first pass so I called the Diamond Desk to find out how many nights I actually had since I have kept track over the years. I was told by the Diamond Desk that I have been Diamond for 23 consecutive years and had a total 901 paid nights. The number of years seemed about right but my records showed that I have had 1,199 paid nights and 179 award nights.

Good news - I asked Hilton to reinvestigate and they agreed that I had over 1,000 paid nights and was offered Lifetime Diamond status!

Bad news - Hilton was almost 300 night off on their total paid nights.
I've been Diamond for almost 19 years. I did not expect to have 1000 paid nights, but the first paid night total I received from HHonors seemed ridiculously low at only 430 paid nights. I requested a list of all of my paid and award stays since I joined HHonors. Have not received the list, but did receive a follow-up email stating that I actually have 639 paid nights. Seems much more in the ballpark but one has to wonder what they are doing when they can be off by 200-300 nights. Clearly HHonors did not think this through and appears there is no automated mechanism for calculating lifetime paid nights. Mulling over whether I push for the complete list of my stays...and whether I should nail down lifetime SPG Gold (58 nights away) or lifetime Marriott Gold (have the nights but need almost 400k points).