FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:19 am
iflyjetz

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
777 Global Mile Hound, I agree with you that anyone expecting an upscale experience for less than $100/nt all in on cheap nights will be disappointed.

When we were looking for a house in Vegas last year, I traveled to Vegas a couple of times by myself and did quite a bit of hotel hopping. So far, I've stayed at (rank ordered in my personal opinion best to worst):
Delano
Mandalay Bay
Signature at MGM
Mirage
MGM Grand
Monte Carlo
New York New York
Excalibur
Luxor

I've been trying to talk my wife into Aria or Vdara but she loves the Mirage because of their toiletries so it's been a tough sell.

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
I like the Hyatt - MLife partnership. It caused me to try some properties in Vegas which I would not have otherwise tried. I think the elite treatment (room upgrade, VIP lounge, expedited checkin, etc.) is decent, especially considering that I had never spent a dime with mLife before. I'm very happy with mLife as it offers us some real options in Vegas. The Hyatt Place is not a real option if you're attending an event on the strip.
^ Definitely. I also stayed at some Caesars properties last year in order to get me to SPG50. I really like the Hyatt and SPG partnerships, but prefer the Hyatt one over the SPG one. MLife properties are on average nicer than Caesars properties.
It's gotten to the point where I tell them at Excalibur to NOT upgrade me when I know I'm not staying the night ... no need to waste an upgraded room on me when it's going to be empty.