FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel {US-NV}
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:46 pm
levman

I just returned from 7 soul sucking nights in Vegas (was there for a conference) and stayed at the Trop. They have a dedicated Diamond check in room and the staff seemed knowledgeable. I was charged the resort fee, $25 plus tax = $28/night.

Breakfast is in their "food court". The selection is good - you get three items plus a drink, with cold and hot items to choose from - the service, not so much. Even with a small line, the line moves very slow.

You can upgrade to the restaurant buffet for $15, it's a good buffet - not one of those wild and crazy Vegas buffets, but better than most Hilton buffets. Still, $15. My only complaint about the restaurant is that its hard to get the attention of a server to get a coffee or tea, even when there are a lot of servers.

My first morning, they had a conference at the Trop, and the food court line was as long as a disneyworld ride line. I had to skip it. Later that day, I complained to the agent in the Diamond room, and she immediately comped me a $50 food credit, which I found to be an excellent resolution as it let me enjoy three breakfasts at their buffet, on the busiest days.

I found them to also be very willing to upgrade Diamonds to a suite; in my case, there were no suites available the first two nights (that darned conference) but at checkin they held one for me starting the third night.