FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA FA said "don't eat it... I wouldn't even feed it to my dog" (the TPAC coach food)
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:55 pm
AppleApe

UA FA said "don't eat it... I wouldn't even feed it to my dog" (the TPAC coach food)

I flew from NRT back to the US. The flight attendant recognized me from the same flight that I took a month earlier.

I had my favourite exit aisle seat. During the meal service, she handed me my tray and whispered "don't eat it... I wouldn't even feed it to my dog!" Wouldn't it have been priceless if I captured that on my phone and uploaded it to YouTube?(well, probably not... don't want to get her in trouble) I wasn't sure how to respond to that, so I just nodded and said ok. She wasn't kidding, of course. It was just the same tasteless, scary-looking food that I had last month.

I was prepared, of course. I bought a big fancy-looking instant ramen bowl. I got up and walked to the galley next to me. Another flight attendant filled my ramen bowl with hot water. A couple of minutes, I was slurping my ramen and enjoying it. Tasty!(wish I spoke Japanese so I could tell what flavor it was supposed to be ) A couple of guys around me stared with envy. One asked me "you got another one of those?" but I had to lie. I had another one in my carry one, but I was saving it for later.