FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RJ (SEA-LAX) or Mainline with stop (SEA-SFO-LAX)?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:15 am
jmanirish

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by Boo_Radley
For shorter flights, RJ F isn't notably worse than mainline F. I would absolutely not add a connection to avoid it.
This. I did a couple round trip LAX-SEA flights last year. Before they added the non-stop, I did SEA-SFO-LAX...biggest mistake ever. It's such a short flight, that adding a connection to chase status/UA was so not worth it. I would stick with the non-stop RJ or look at getting a refund and switching to Virgin F.

Originally Posted by channa
You are entitled to a refund due to the change in operating carrier, should you desire that.

I would look at all options -- United, Delta, Alaska, Virgin, etc. on that route -- as well as current fares on them, and see if refunding and rebuying may be in your best interest.

I would note that DL is an RJ as well, but there are more amenities on DL RJs, so it's closer to mainline than United RJs are.
Definitely look into pricing for Virgin, if I need to go back again that's what I'll be flying (I did SEA-LAX on Alaska in F but was very unimpressed).